Thursday, April 30, 2009

Poor Baby Girl


Campbell's bilirubin number was back up today - higher than the first test, in fact, at 14.8. Since our pedi is out of town, his partner wanted to see her color for himself. G was down after having his teeth pulled, so I took her back to the doctor solo. We talked about her feedings, and since she's kept .5 oz of the soy formula down a few times, he wanted me to up it back to 1 oz. at every feeding, plus give her at least 4 hours of indirect sunlight every day. There's probably not even that much daylight left today, but we've got her in the window for as long as we can, and I've already given her 2.5 oz. of formula today, so we're just hoping with everything we have her number is down tomorrow. I have no problem with getting a bili light and using it, I just hate the bilirubin screen b/c it hurts her so much. This morning I wasn't in the room when they did it b/c I had to go register her separately for her second newborn screen, but G said she actually had real tears. :( It's just not fair that at one week old she's already having go to through such a painful procedure.

Also, still have to take her back in tomorrow for another weight check. With the addition of the formula, here's hoping she passes that, too.

No comments: