Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad News/Good News

Bad News: No progress. :(
Good News: Baby's heartbeat is strong and regular, he/she just needs a little more time to cook.

Bad News: Bed rest. My blood pressure keeps creeping up, and since Baby T's not ready just yet, doc wants me in bed/on the couch as much as possible.
Good News: It's modified bed rest, which means I can at least get up to eat and use the bathroom. And, he cleared me to work from home, but does not want me going in to the office. Thankfully I have an understanding boss and a flexible job that can actually be done from home, so I can put off taking my FMLA at least one more week.

Bad News: Garett has a chipped wisdom tooth, which is going to require oral surgery.
Good News: We have dental, so at least a portion of the cost is covered. The timing sucks, but hopefully he can get the procedure done b/f the baby comes.

Bad News: One day in, and I'm already frustrated with the bed rest.
Good News: The frustration stems from feeling perfectly fine while being forced to stay inactive, so at least I have that 'feeling fine' part going for me...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Margie-baby, I know bed rest can't be fun, but remember it's all for you and Baby T's health. And be thankful that modified bed rest in just the last few weeks, not total bed rest from week 24. And you're at home, not in the hospital! Can't be long now - can't wait to welcome Baby T! :)

Stefani said...

UGH! I'm sorry! Bedrest does suck but it'll be over soon and then you'll be WISHING you could be ordered to bedrest! :) Oh, and don't be worried about the whole 10lb thing - both of mine were 9.5 (above avg and they "cooked" longer than term).

BTW, there are a few tricks that you can try to help open the cervix that doesn't involve exercise - or you can just wait! :)