Friday, May 8, 2009

Hanging in There

Took Campbell back in to the pedi today b/c I was concerned with her not being back up to her birth weight - she's about 3.5 oz shy... He looked at my nursing log and looked her over, and didn't seem too concerned - he said most babies make it back by two weeks, but some it just takes a little longer... he suggested calling one of the lactation consultants to see if I could get any pointers, so I'm going to try and get an appt. early next week. I'll take her back in next Friday for a follow up weight check.

On the plus side, her jaundice is completely gone. Yay! But, now she has a clogged tear duct. :( It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, but it's making her eye all goopy... we just have to massage the duct three to four times a day, and that should get it to open back up on its own - apparently it's a pretty common thing for newborns.

She's doing a little better at staying awake while nursing, and she actually woke herself up these last two times to nurse - once after two hours, once just under two hours, once just under three, so I think I'm going to try sticking it out with that at least until next Friday and see how her weight gain is...

She was up every two hours last night. Sigh. I'll be glad when she gets her days and night aligned...

2 comments:

Brandy G said...

Paige had a clogged tear duct, too. They look gross but usually go away soon enough. Hang in there!

Christine said...

Davis had the infamous clogged tear duct. I was annoyed that it distracted from his cuteness but I think almost all babies seem to get them. Sounds like things are going well! Are you so tired that you're literally dizzy during the day? That's always fun. Ha!