Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cravings

I think I've done pretty well with the pregnancy cravings so far, but there have been two distinct instances that required special attention. G got off pretty easy on the first one, thanks to Dave being in town and staying with us. I was reading a novel around 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday night, and it mentioned Fruit Loops. All of the sudden I HAD to have Fruit Loops. But I was too embarrassed to make G quit his XBox game with Dave and go get them, so I just toughed it out. A couple of days later the craving was still there, though, so he ran to the grocery store for me.

The next was night before last. We were watching Weeds and they mentioned mini donuts. I am apparently very susceptible to the mere mention of sugary snacks. Garett says we can't watch Weeds any more, because all they do is mention munchies. Despite that, he ran to the corner store and got me powdered sugar donuts. Nom nom nom. If the old wives' tale is true, Baby T is a girl... :)

1 comment:

David said...

Hey Margaret...
Guessing by your cravings I think you are having a girl. I have had one of each and with my son I had to have double cheeseburgers from McDonalds and occassionally other greasy foods. When I was preggo with my daughter I liked sweets, yogurt, and fruit... So by what you are craving I am going to have to go along with that old wives tale too. What is the heart rate like??? My son was in the 130s during the later stages of the pregnancy and my daughter was in the 160s during the last few weeks.... Maybe that will give you some good guesses too... But, waiting is such fun! We did that both times...

Blessings to you,
Jackie