Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Duds

Since my parents aren't close enough to take me shopping for maternity clothes, they sent a little fundage my way to help me pick up a few things. Very nice, and much appreciated, since I've still been making my career slacks work, and they're starting to turn into some serious high waters... There's a place not far from my office called Destination Maternity that carriers a wide variety of brands - they bill it as 'three shops in one', with one area being kind of like a Neiman Marcus, one more like a Dillards, and one like an Old Navy.

Even with donated dollars, there was no way I could convince myself to even try on the Seven jeans or a $100 top (marked down from $200), but I was able to pick up a couple pair of slacks, a pair of jeans and a number of tops that were all $20 or less each. So, yay! I couldn't find everything I picked online, but here's a sampling.

I'm happy to say that I think these tops actually look better on me than they do in these pics (or maybe I've just convinced myself I'm not hideously huge).


I got this one in black.


I got a Large in this one, so it's a little more fitted than the example, but I think it looks better.


I picked up this one in a springy green color.


This one is actually cuter than the pic looks.


I don't think this is the cutest, but it's soooo comfortable and will be good for work.
It was also super exciting to me that I actually had to send the sales lady back for some smaller sizes, a rare occurence for any shopping trip, but especially for one when I look down and have a bowling ball in the tummy area...
Kudos and thanks, too, to my friend Vicki for lending me her and her sister Barbara's maternity wardrobes. Between mixing those items in and what I've purchased, I'm hoping I'm set for the next 3 months!
98 days to go - and only two weeks away from the third trimester!

1 comment:

Brandy G said...

I'm technically the wrong season for you, but I have all of my maternity clothes from last time, too if you want to borrow more! Also, I think it is part of Destination Maternity but Motherhood Maternity is at GVM and they are super cheap. I also bought a lot of my stuff at Target.