Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yay! Christmas!!

It was a very nice weekend. Mom and Dad came down to visit and we went and saw Ice! at the Gaylord Texan and then had dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse. Ice was really neat - I've been wanting to go the last couple of years, so I'm glad we got to go see it. Dinner for me was just OK, but I think fancy dinners are kind of loss on me right now... I would like to go back after having the baby, when I can enjoy everything on the menu.

Mom and Dad went to Baby's R Us with me yesterday. It was pretty overwhelming just to walk in there, knowing I'd be shopping for myself and Baby T soon. I wasn't there to purchase, though, just to look around and try to find a nursery look I could live with. I found this Patchwork Pooh design and think we're going to go with it. We can paint the walls green to match, and I think that will look really nice.

We decorated for Christmas today - a little earlier than we normally would, but with Thanksgiving coming so late, I didn't want to wait until the weekend after, and I was afraid if we waited until next weekend, it just wouldn't get done. We bought new ornaments for the tree, since what we've used for the last couple of years were the ones I made myself when I was using a TCU theme. It's really pretty, and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Now, just to finish Christmas shopping and wrapping the presents... Really ready for that second tri burst of energy! (At least I have been able to stay up past nine lately...)

Next doc visit is on Monday. No sonogram this time, so it should be pretty non-eventful. 172 days to go!

1 comment:

The Maciks said...

We did the Classic Pooh theme from Target (little cheaper than BRUs) and loved it! Addison has become completely attached to her Pooh Bear and it was a great choice of nursery for us. :o)