Saturday, November 8, 2008

13 hours of (nearly) uninterrupted sleep

I'm sooooo happy to report my ability to sleep in hasn't completely disappeared. My sleep pattern during the first tri mainly consisted of laying down at 9 p.m., uneasy sleep, broken up by a couple of bathroom breaks, never really getting fully into deep sleep. Last night, though, I laid down around 11 p.m., tried to read for a few minutes and couldn't keep my eyes open, and was out in a blink. Woke up once in the middle of the night, then not again until 9 a.m. Hooray! Even better, I was able to fall back asleep and didn't get up 'til noon. Bliss!

Of course, it may be because all we have to do today is clean and run errands, and we're just avoiding it... Catching up on the Colbert Report right now, then taking the boat to get winterized at West Lake Marine, then over to The Dump to check on a new mattress, at some point running through the bank, and ending with a trip to the grocery store.

Hmmm... maybe the cleaning will have to wait until tomorrow. Can't procrastinate more than that, though, because we're getting the carpets cleaned on Wednesday. (Long overdue) Now that we've decided to stay in this house for a while, we really need to put some work in to keep it up...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Live it up. That's all I have to say. Sleep for 22 hours if you can. I miss sleep very, very much.