Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Only Thing that Separates Us from the Animals is Our Ability to Accessorize

We picked up Campbell's DOC Band last Monday and after a week long 'break-in' period, she's now in it 23 hours a day - one hour off during bath time before bed.



Right now she's just sporting some flower stickers, but we'll take her in to 360 wraps a week from Tuesday to get it done up right. Since she'll likely be in the helmet two to three months, we at least want to make it something special to look at and not just orthotic.

For those who think she was just perfect without the band, here's a shot to show why we went ahead and elected to get it:



The hope is after a few weeks in the band, the back of her head will even out to a round shape.

Moving on to even cuter accessories, I somehow stumbled across the pettiskirt a while back (that link is the one I was trying to recreate) and decided Campbell had to have one. But, I wasn't about to pay the $85 that well-made ones retail for. I found a few on etsy.com for less, but I still thought I could probably make it for cheaper. So, I bought the fabric, and I think it turned out pretty darn well, if I do so say myself. Campbell didn't give an opinion, but she did put it in her mouth, which I choose to take as a sign of approval.




That's a lot of ruffle fluff!


More pics of the pettiskirt construction and Campbell modeling on Flickr.

And, as always, every time I update my blog, I'm updating the Campbell at Home set on Flickr (link on the right).

Because I'm sure inquiring minds want to know, Campbell is fond of sweet potatoes, squash and bananas, and has so far tolerated carrots, green beans and green peas. On the list: applesauce, peaches, prunes and avocado. I love watching her reactions the first time she gets to try something new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still don't quite get the head-helmet thing. Her head looks fine to me, but what do I know? The skirt is too cute for words! I can't believe you made it. If i have a little girl, I might hire you to sew for me! I can do buttons and that's about it. I will be a store-bought Halloween costume mom unless something radically changes. Sigh.