Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Trial and Error

This will probably be interesting to no one but me, but as a matter of record, I thought I'd go ahead and put it down. That way, when Baby T2 makes his/her debut, I won't have to struggle so hard to remember Campbell's milestones.

At 4.5 months, she's sleeping through the night; going down between 7 and 8 p.m., waking a few times just to let us know she's still there and wants her paci, and up and ready to eat between 6 and 7 a.m. She's been taking 6 oz. consistently, so today I upped her to 7 per bottle and 2 tsp. of rice cereal in each. I did 1 tsp. of cereal for a couple of days, but I don't think it was quite enough.

The tsp. makes the formula a little too thick for the fast flow nipples, though, and Drop-Ins don't have a Y-cut nipple, so I trimmed them myself, and may have gone a little overboard... She shotgunned her bottle this morning - 7 oz. in about 5 minutes - the gave a good portion of it back, projectile style. That one only had 1.5 tsp of rice, so I added another .5 tsp to the others, and took some un-modified nipples to day care as well in case it was still flowing too fast. She can get it threw the regular nipples, it's just a lot of work.

If you've read this far, you're either family or extremely bored. :)

1 comment:

Tori said...

Well, I read it because I was bored and baby feeding/sleeping habits always fascinate me. :-)