Wednesday, June 17, 2009

8 Weeks Tomorrow

I know I've been slacking lately, but now that Campbell's not sleeping 20 hours a day, she's even more high maintenance. :) If you're just here for new photos, check out the Flickr photostream. (scroll down for most recent pics.)

Really, she's a very, very good baby. She got a little out of sorts on our road trip to and from Oklahoma, but bounced back quickly. Since I last posted, she's also met Garett's co-workers and my own. Ann, Campbell's "Grand-boss", got her the most adorable bow. It may still be a little big right now, but expect to see her in it often...



She had a little growth spurt last week, and as opposed to being a nightmare, it was a joy - she slept twice as much as usual for two days, and is solidly eating 3 or more ounces at every feeding. As a matter of fact, she took 5.5 oz. last night b/f bed time and then - wait for it - SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! She went down about 10:30 and didn't get up until 6 this morning. Then, she went back down around 8 and slept 'til 9, so I even got an extra little nap. Fingers crossed that she repeats the performance tonight.

In other news, she is now strictly formula fed. I weaned from the pump last week, and I think it's going to make for a much happier mommy. I made the decision with really mixed emotions. On the one hand, I felt really guilty, since the major reason I decided to wean was selfish - it was just too much work. On the other hand, I'm just happy I made it seven weeks, and I know she'll be getting all the nutrients she really needs from formula. And, it makes our days much more productive. Since I'm no longer feeding her, changing her, pumping, and cleaning all the parts every couple of hours, we're not tied down to the house. We've taken advantage of that fact and done quite a bit of running around the past couple of days. It's also nice, since she's so much more alert now, that I can just feed her, then we can play, and I don't have to worry about being strapped up for 20+ minutes before I can attend to her.

Baby girl gets her first shots tomorrow, and expect another update soon with her weight and height - I can't wait to find out how much she's grown!

No comments: